All persons should have the rights and opportunity to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment. We must consciously confront in ourselves, our organizations, and society at large, barriers such as racism and class oppression, sexism and homophobia, ageism and disability, which act to deny fair treatment and equal justice under the law.
We acknowledge the inherent dignity and the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family. We seek to end all discrimination based on economic class, race, gender orientation, disability, age, spiritual belief and all other forms of cultural fragmentation.
- Strengthen and strictly enforce anti-discrimination legislation.
- Allow all qualifying people, irrespective of sexual orientation or marital status, to adopt children.
- Continue affirmative action programs to remedy past and present discrimination in employment, housing, and education.
- Recognize Native American land and treaty rights as agreements between sovereign nations.
- Protect the rights and safety of immigrant workers from exploitation.
- Prevent INS from separating immediate family members by deportation.
- Reverse Ballot Measure 36 and end the discriminating definition of marriage.
- Withdraw Oregon from and nullify the enforcement of “The Patriot Act” and “National Defense Authorization Act” within the State of Oregon.
- Divest from Arizona, Alabama, and any state that criminalizes human rights issues such as documentation status and abortion or contraception rights.
- Advocate the passage of the “Economic Bill of Rights” as discussed by the economics platform plank.
- Recognize the humanity of all people born in this world and block laws that marginalize or dehumanize any segment of humanity, especially Latinos, Muslims, and the LGBTQ communities who have been recently targeted by hate-groups.