- Establish a preference for state contracts for local businesses that employ local people as their primary workforce, specifically businesses that outsource less than one-third of their work
- Pass an Oregon version of “The Employee Free Choice Act” (HR.1409 /S.560)
- Seek a means to implement a 20:1 wage goal, to reduce the income disparity between the highest and the lowest paid workers in any given business.
- Require employers to pay all costs for employees needing technical training to maintain their employment.
- Encourage and support worker owned businesses as well as worker collectives and cooperatives.
In order to empower workers, promote their dignity, and institute economic democracy, We the People must:
- Guarantee the right to organize and bargain collectively through democratic unions.
- Guarantee the right to establish councils that have access to all relevant information about their businesses and that participate in the management of their businesses.
- Guarantee the freedom of association and the right to have their unions and labor associations be free and independent of government and employer influence.
- Strictly enforce robust health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Require employers to provide all workers with equal pay for comparable work, based on skills, effort, responsibilities, and working conditions.
- Vigorously prosecute workplace harassment, including protecting the worker right to employment whose claims were not substantiated in the court of law.
- Set and maintain a living wage, indexed to the cost of living. Maintain and extend protection for whistle-blowers.
- Work to make day care services affordable and keep public schools open five days a week with full-day kindergarten, as schooling is a part of many working families' child care arrangements.
- Expand unemployment benefits to sustain and train those who are laid off or underemployed.