On February 4, the first day of the legislative session, Health Care for All Oregon will be rallying on the capitol steps in Salem to demonstrate the breadth and depth of support for our cause. We're asking you to turn out in massive support of this rally.
Click here for fliers and updated information about the rally. We are hoping for thousands of members, families, and friends to show up and help convince our lawmakers that their constituents see the health care crisis as a critical issue.
- Sign In at Room 50 of Capitol Building 9:30 – 10:30
- March (weather permitting) 10:30 – 11:30
- Rally 11:30 – 12:30
- Lobbying Training 12:30 – 1:00
- Lunch/Lobbying 1:00 – 3:00
- Closing Plenary & Debrief 3:00 – 3:30
- Social Hour 3:30 – 5:30
Remember: Wear red, and bring a lunch and your rain gear!
The Linn Benton Greens discussed this at our January Chapter meeting and will be attending en masse. One of our chapter activists, Bobbi Hall, is a point person for HCAO in this area. She is organizing two buses to depart from Corvallis that day--bringing activist Greens and other health care activists to Salem for this series of events.
Information about transportation from Portland is at www.jwjpdx.org.
Can you help?
In order to be successful, we need you to volunteer. We need at least 60 volunteers for the rally, and we’d love your help.
Please contact Jess Hoffman at email@example.com or 541-905-7596 if you can volunteer. Here are some other ways you can help HCAO:
- Staff events (including the rally)
- Organize a local group
- Become a Data Doctor (you don’t have to be a doctor to be a Data Doctor)
- Raise funds
- Make phone calls
- Gather petitions
- Host house parties
- Collect surveys
- Recruit new coalition members (organizations, unions, business alliances, community groups, etc.)
- Join the social media team
- Conduct presentations
- Staff the office
- February 04, 2013 at 12pm – 3pm
Google map and directions