It's easy to become a green!
Two easy steps
1) Important - please register with the Pacific Green Party so we can contact you for the campaigns and actions Click here
2) Change your voter status with the "my vote" button on the Oregon Secratary of State: www.OregonVotes.gov
In order to vote on internal Green Party matters you need to be a SUPPORTING MEMBER. Click on the tab above for more details.
Why go green? Here are two great reasons to Register online as a Green:
- When you register Green, you keep us in good standing with the State Elections office. You give us the power to take on "Moneyed Interests" by running candidates in local, statewide and national elections. WE have been able to maintain ballot access for grassroots campaigners by staying over the minimum threshold of registered voters in Oregon; we want to keep it that way.
- When you regsiter Green you are sending a strong message to established major parties that voters are organizing. We will not hesitate to run viable candidates willing to address the root of the problem, not just inching along with marginal improvements.
- When you regsiter Green and donate you make it easy for grassroots candidates to not only to participate in future elections, but also to win them.
Why not register as a Non Affiliated Voter or for another party?
- The Green Party serves as a vehicle for a shared vision based on its platform. We see the Green Party as a hub for coordinated action between various grassroots movements.
- That coordinated action is best pushed forward with a ballot line and the hability to run consensus candidates. Registering Green allows us to keep that opportunity on the ballot.
- The Green Party already has chapters in every state. We are working to consolidate ballot access in ALL states. Registering Green and donating, allows us to do that.
Still not sure? Here are some more great reasons to Register Green
- Do you really believe it’s gotta be the “lesser of two evils?” Many people don't want to vote Democrat or Republican. The more of us there are, the more we can fight for the green party platform. You don’t have to settle. You really don’t.
- We speak our truth, not what the polls tell us people want to hear. Registering Green is a move beyond politics to true participation, collective intelligence and the chance at an impact beyond heads-or-tails on Election Day.