How to find out which races are up for election?
Click here for a list of county election offices at the end of the document. In some cases your local will list the offices, but most likely you will need to contact your local county election office
What are the various deadlines for filing?
Click here for a list of key dates to file, both as a candidate, for the the voter's pamphlet, etc.
What does it take to run an effective campaign?
Click here for a great PowerPoint presentation on how to organize for an effective Campaign
Join the campaigns committee email list and organizing platform
Seeking the Green Party Nomination or Endorsement?
Please fill this form and send an email to [email protected]. One of our volunteers, will contact you. The Campaigns Committee meets on the 2nd Monday of the month, 8:00 pm. Here is a our current Endorsement flowchart; we are in the process of reviewing it.
Petition Drives for the 2024 ballot
Meaningful Campaign Finance Reform rests on a three-legged stool
- 1) Disclosure of large donors in Independent Expenditures (paid political ads)
- 2) Meaningful limits of funds received and disbursed for political campaigns - many technicalities in this
- 3) Public Matching Funds for elections
Measure 107 passed with 82% voter approval in 2022; amending the Oregon Constitution to allow for campaign finance limits. The legislature did not do anything and later the Secretary of State, a Democrat supported by Labor, threw out the petition drive to implement campaign finance reform in 2022.
New Districts were approved in 2022, in less than ideal manners. This is why we need an Independent Redistricting Commission. Additional links:
- Very informational video of webinar on redistricting by the LWV
- -- kepw: Redistricting maps released for public comment; co-chair claims Eugene ‘silences rural voices’
- -- Washington Post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/redistricting-proposals-oregon-indiana-colorado/ (needs subscription)
This exciting initiative would bring large amounts of funding to rural communities, by putting the money in people's hands. Corporations are not paying their share; so we are going to demand a rebate from Oregon sales of the largest corporations be brought back to the state, to support infrastructure and vibrant local economies. Link to their site to help collect signatures for this and Campaign Finance Reform
Links to your representatives and bills
- Find your Oregon elected officials here
- Link to ALL your representatives through this page from Common Cause
- Oregon Legislature: Search for a bill, follow a bill
- League of Women Voters: Membership recommended; this is the largest non partisan organization providing factual information and extensive information on current bills and campaigns. They were the first to organize Presidential debates. They continue organizing debates and have included Green Party and other party candidates