To be held Sunday 2 June 2013 at the Grower's Market across from the Amtrak station in Eugene. Tentatively scheduled from 10 am to 4 pm. Coffee and breakfast refreshments will be provided, lunch will be at local restaurants.Continue reading
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
For more information on this campaign, follow this link.
Suzia Aufderheide appointed by Convention to
replace Chris Mason as a national delegate to the GPUS.
Convention nominated Candy Neville as the PGP US Senate after two
hours of discussion. Vote was by consensus. A consideration of a run
for Governor was discussed and it was decided that a US Senate run was
best for her. Stand-aside: Randy Prince
Decisions from the March 6, 2010 Nominating Convention
Rick Staggenborg nominated for U.S. Senate by instant runoff voting.
Results of first ballot
Rick Staggenborg 12
Candy Neville 3
None of the Above 2
- Location of June Annual Business and Nominating Convention was agreed by consensus to be held in Portland on June 7-8 2008. June 7th is the date for the Nominating Convention and June 8th is the date for the Annual Business Convnention.
- Changing references to “ASGP”in the Bylaws to “GPUS” were agreed by consensus with one stand-aside: Ken Adams. This change had previously been announced and posted on the web site. The new Secretary (see below) has the action to send a copy of the revised Bylaws to the Oregon Secretary of State within 30 days.
- The change to the delegation count in the Bylaws was agreed by consensus to be moved to the June convention for a vote. This change will be announced again and is already posted on the web site.
- Endorsement of the follow campaigns was reached by consensus:
- Free Cuban Five: The PGP thanks those supporting the Cuban 5 and calls for their immediate release from prison and return to their families in Cuba.
- Sweat Free North West Campaign: voted to endorse
- Mining Tour: voted yes to endorse and make a $200 contribution
- March 15th World Without War Rally in Portland: voted yes to endorse and make a $50 contribution
- March 16th Sow Seeds Of Peace Rally in Eugene: voted yes to endorse and make a $50 contribution
- March 22nd Rally in Corvallis: voted yes to endorse
- Seth Woolley was voted by consensus to fill the office of PGP Secretary.
Pacific Green Party Convention in Eugene Oregon
Sunday April 22nd 2007 – Minutes
Lori Burton, George Hutchinson, Delbert McCombs, Pat Driscol, Tim Denhe, Chris Henry, Mary Cole, Lance Geiger, Steve Geiger, and Erik Douglas via video conferencing from the UK.